There’s insurance and then there’s mutual insurance. Hay Mutual Insurance embraces the mutual way because we believe it’s better for our members — the policy owners who own our company. As a member-owned company, we are 100 percent Canadian and 100 percent locally owned. We are independently operated under the leadership of directors elected from among the members.
There are many additional benefits to mutual insurance:
- We invest locally, employ local people and use local trades.
- Through our own Guarantee Fund and Reinsurance Plan, we are backed by other Ontario Mutuals so that our members’ claims and unearned premiums are guaranteed to be paid in the event of a disaster.
- Collectively, our system is one of the largest property insurers in Ontario.
- Through our association, we are an active participant in the Canadian and international insurance industry.
- We stay on top of current issues and make representation to government and other regulatory bodies on matters that may affect our members.
As a small local insurer, we have remained stable for over a century. Together with the other Ontario Mutuals, Hay Mutual is among the most financially secure insurers in the world. And only Hay Mutual is consistently ranked as one of the top three mutual insurers for financial strength in Ontario. We will be there when you need us.
Hay Mutual Insurance offers a broad range of innovative insurance products to fit your needs. We design your policy based on your best interests and the insurance you really need. Hay Mutual Insurance agents spend the time to get to know you and suggest coverage best suited to your needs. Almost 150 years of insurance experience in the Zurich area give us a better perspective on how to meet our clients’ needs.